About Me

My photo
Grieverjoe (Jose Alvarez) is NOT a whiny emo as his name would suggest. He's an IT student with a love for art.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Draugr?

I wanted to draw today, but I didn't know what to. In the background, my wife was playing Skyrim, and I could hear the Draugr attacking her. All of a sudden, I started sketching the rough outline of a figure in gray (with no guidelines!), and I thought it looked kinda cool, so I kept going. Before long, it turned into what you see on the left.
I thought it needed more, so I started adding stuff to it. This whole time, I had no idea of where I was going with this, so if some things look a bit out of place, is because I was just adding things without thinking.
After two hours, the result is what you see on the right.
It's not often I'm happy with my artwork, but tonight is an exception. I didn't plan this, and it felt good. Liberating, almost. I need to keep doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment